Maximise your tax deductions before June 30
June 18, 2012 2 Comments
What is depreciation? As a building gets older, items wear out – they depreciate. The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows property owners to claim this depreciation as a deduction. Depreciation can be claimed by any property owner who obtains income from their property.
- BMT finds investors an average of between $5,000 and $10,000 as a first full year deduction.
- Claim depreciation on new or old investment properties.
- Adjust previous tax returns – get money back from the ATO!
- BMT works with accountants to simplify the process.
- BMT guarantees double our fee worth of deductions in the first full year claim or there will be no charge for our services.
BMT Tax Depreciation are Quantity Surveyors who specialise in property depreciation.
Quantity Surveyors are one of the few professionals recognised by the ATO to have the appropriate skills needed to estimate costs for depreciation purposes. Property investors should engage a specialist to complete a tax depreciation report on their property to maximise their deductions.
Claiming depreciation can boost investor’s tax deductions significantly. By ordering a report before June 30, investors can claim the fee straight back in this financial year.
Article Provided by BMT Tax Depreciation. Bradley Beer (B. Con. Mgt, AAIQS, MRICS) is a Director of BMT Tax Depreciation. Please contact 1300 728 726 or visit www.bmtqs.com.au for an Australia wide service.